OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » can't connect to public VPS randomly
can't connect to public VPS randomly [message #29366] Fri, 11 April 2008 12:24 Go to next message
jyrppa is currently offline  jyrppa
I have ssh server and apache running on one openvz node. The openvz server is behind a switch that is connected to internet and to my internal pcs.

I have never problems connecting the node from a pc sitting next to switch. However when clients try to connect from internet random connection problems happen. Some IP addresses can't get connection with ssh or web browser for some time (approx 30minutes). After the ban period the connection is again allowed. Web browser displays error message "Server busy". Sametime when some client can't connect other client from different ip addresses can connect the openvz node.

During the problem Tcpdump from openvz server node or from vps doesn't show any packets coming from a clients IP address.

Any ideas how I should debug this problem? I have already checked my cable modem behind the switch. It has no firewall functionality.
Re: can't connect to public VPS randomly [message #29369 is a reply to message #29366] Fri, 11 April 2008 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

Are there any fails in /proc/user_beancounters? If yes please see http://wiki.openvz.org/Resource_shortage

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: can't connect to public VPS randomly [message #29385 is a reply to message #29369] Fri, 11 April 2008 16:20 Go to previous message
jyrppa is currently offline  jyrppa
There are no resource shortages.
Previous Topic: Multiple interfaces with iptables
Next Topic: [how-to] allocating disk quota / memory / cpu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 01:17:25 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01868 seconds