OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Double carriage return within ftp from a VZ preventing logins
Double carriage return within ftp from a VZ preventing logins [message #28749] Thu, 27 March 2008 16:57 Go to next message
paul_xedos is currently offline  paul_xedos
We've encountered a bizarre problem attempting to ftp from a virtual box where typing the username issues a double carriage return even though a single one is pressed. Consequently the receiving ftp server treats the second carriage return as a null password and therefore causes the login to fail. The problem does not occur on the physical box, only the virtual machines

The command line workaround is to type user username password from within the ftp session i.e username and pass on the same line.

Unfortunately what led us to use ftp and not scp is that the vz server needs to run a closed source java program which ftps out and is also hitting the double carriage return / login failed problem

I realise this is pretty obscure but if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated

[Updated on: Thu, 27 March 2008 16:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Double carriage return within ftp from a VZ preventing logins [message #28750 is a reply to message #28749] Thu, 27 March 2008 18:04 Go to previous message
rickb is currently offline  rickb
Hi, I doubt it is a problem caused by openvz. Can you run a strace on the ftp client and see the extra linebreak being generated by the user app? same version of the ftp client in the VE vs out?

Rick

-------------
Common Terms I post with: http://wiki.openvz.org/Category:Definitions

UBC. Learn it, love it, live it: http://wiki.openvz.org/Proc/user_beancounters
Previous Topic: Kernel 2.6.24 no UDP Ports opens
Next Topic: *SOLVED* NIC Bonding/Grouping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 19:33:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01425 seconds