OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » openvz with hsphere 3.1 beta 2 - help
openvz with hsphere 3.1 beta 2 - help [message #27800] Wed, 27 February 2008 21:52 Go to next message
bangsters is currently offline  bangsters
Hi.

We are using the latest hsphere 3.1 beta 2 on a centos 5 platform (openvz server is centos 5, hsphere is centos 4.6). I have followed the configuration of openvz as per the wiki goes. I have configured hsphere also. and after everything has been configured i craeted a VPS account. it worked, well i thought it did. The vps client was pingable, i can get to it via vzctl enter command, however my client cannot ssh to it. then that is where i noticed that the problem was more than i can handle....

yum is not installed, ssh is not, nano or pico, locate...basically a lot of the needed commands are not installed. and with yum and ssh not working in the first place i cannot install the others and basically i have a dead vps account lol...

i tried creating a couple vps guests and all have the same issues. I even tried downloading the centos4 template to see if it helps but no luck....

..can anyone please help or point me in the right direction? I've been at it for 24 hours now with no luck...

Thanks!

--Francis

Re: openvz with hsphere 3.1 beta 2 - help [message #27806 is a reply to message #27800] Thu, 28 February 2008 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xemul is currently offline  xemul
1. Please always report your kernel and tools version.
2. This is a network related problem (ssh connections do not work). Please, read this post and attach additional info.

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: openvz with hsphere 3.1 beta 2 - help [message #27821 is a reply to message #27806] Thu, 28 February 2008 14:31 Go to previous message
bangsters is currently offline  bangsters
thanks for the reply. for the kernel, i'm using the one from openvz. it is not a network issue because the commands are missing from the guest OS. I can vzctl to the guest and ping out. but most of the applications (core apps i think) are missing. no wget, no locate, no openssh, no yum, no nano/pico, and a lot more that should be there with a standard install of centos5.

Previous Topic: Is it practical/possible to have openvz with mutiple VEs on a single IP?
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Clone VPS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:57:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03324 seconds