OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Socket sharing, bind mounting, mount scripts: directory gets wiped?
Socket sharing, bind mounting, mount scripts: directory gets wiped? [message #27708] Sat, 23 February 2008 16:43 Go to next message
miracle2k is currently offline  miracle2k
I'm trying to share a mysql socket from one VE with multiple others. All VEs and HN running Debian etch.

On the host:

> mkdir /var/lib/vz/shared
> mkdir /var/lib/vz/shared/var_run_mysqld
> cat > /etc/vz/conf/900.mount
#!/bin/sh
mount -n --bind /var/lib/vz/shared/var_run_mysqld /var/lib/vz/root/$VEID/var/run/mysqld
# set owner/group to mysql
chown 101:103 /var/lib/vz/root/$VEID/var/run/mysqld

> ln -s /etc/vz/conf/900.mount /etc/vz/conf/101.mount
> ln -s /etc/vz/conf/900.mount /etc/vz/conf/102.mount
> ln -s /etc/vz/conf/900.mount /etc/vz/conf/103.mount

This seems to work just fine mostly: The scripts run, the directories are mounted; With one minor detail: Everytime I boot a VE (with a mount script enabled) the contents of the directory (/var/lib/vz/shared/var_run_mysqld) are wiped out. It is still mounted in all the running VEs - if I create a file there, it'll appear everywhere. Except that all files disappear on any VE boot.

Meaning of course that if the Mysql VE is already running, it's socket will be gone and everything breaks down.

Any ideas?

[Updated on: Sat, 23 February 2008 16:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Socket sharing, bind mounting, mount scripts: directory gets wiped? [message #27748 is a reply to message #27708] Tue, 26 February 2008 08:04 Go to previous message
xemul is currently offline  xemul
Some VE's startup script wipes it out?

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Numflock UBC error - Pls help!
Next Topic: Networking Problem...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:10:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04194 seconds