|OpenVZ in MSVirtual PC [message #21690]
||Sun, 14 October 2007 18:20
Registered: October 2007
I downloaded installer to start learning to work with VM,
so i wanted to install OpenVZ in an virtual machine (MS Virtual PC)
but after the menu asks which kernel to boot,
i see resolution change and then it hangs.
any way to debug/fix this?
thanks in advance
|Re: OpenVZ in MSVirtual PC [message #21705 is a reply to message #21690]
||Mon, 15 October 2007 04:46
Registered: January 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia
[quote title=worstenboy wrote on Mon, 15 October 2007 02:20]... but after the menu asks which kernel to boot .../quote]
* Do i guess right that you mean grub/lilo boot menu?
* Which host OS do you use?
* How did you install OpenVZ? Did you follow the wiki page?
* What stock kernel (from the host OS) works fine?
* Could you please post here /boot/grub/menu.lst or /etc/lilo.conf (don't know which of them you use)?
Most probably the problem occurs during the kernel boot, so to debug this we have to be able to read the boot logs.
In order to do this you have to setup a serial console:
Unfortunately, i don't know how to save the logs from a serial port in MS Virtual PC (and if it's possible at all), but i know that VMware allows this, so probably, MS Virtual PC also provides this possibility.
If you problem is solved - please, report it!
It's even more important than reporting the problem itself...