OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* WARNING: Function proxy_arp
*SOLVED* WARNING: Function proxy_arp [message #10089] Wed, 07 February 2007 23:40 Go to next message
moby007 is currently offline  moby007
Hi,

i installed OpenVZ according to the Debian Etch Howto in the wiki. Everything works fine even though the feeling is some kind different from linux-vservers the features are more promising.

But when i start/stop/restart a vz i get the following warning:

vps-net_add WARNING: Function proxy_arp for eth0 is set to 0. Enable with 'sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.eth0.proxy_arp=1'. See /usr/share/doc/vzctl/README.Debian.

The howto in the wiki says i should set the proxy_arp to 0 for default in the sysctl.conf. But the warning message says otherwise.
The funny thing is it doesnt matter if i set the proxy arp to 0 or 1 in the conf-file, networking within the vz is with both options possible.

Now i m not sure wether its a bug or if i just didnt get it right Wink

Regards
moby007

[Updated on: Thu, 08 February 2007 07:16] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: WARNING: Function proxy_arp [message #10092 is a reply to message #10089] Thu, 08 February 2007 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Hello,

Thanks for the information, seems that it was a missprint at wiki-page. I just fixed it.

Thank you,
Vasily
Re: WARNING: Function proxy_arp [message #10105 is a reply to message #10092] Thu, 08 February 2007 09:49 Go to previous message
moby007 is currently offline  moby007
Hmm ... but which is the wanted state? I d say it sounds more sane to enable the proxy arp, because the venet doesnt have its own mac address or has it?

Vzctl still says proxy arp is disabled even if i enable it with "sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.default.proxy_arp=1" ... so isnt it rather an error in vzctl and the wiki pages?
Previous Topic: Firewall in the VE
Next Topic: How do I clone a VE?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:51:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01845 seconds