OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » control panel question
Re: control panel question [message #9678 is a reply to message #9677] Tue, 16 January 2007 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
artur is currently offline  artur
computrguru wrote on Tue, 16 January 2007 15:47

artur wrote on Tue, 16 January 2007 08:26

So then it's a Xen product and openvz is just a side project.

I don't know, it seems like a nice product, but honestly as soon as VPS is going to justify itself as a product line, we're going with Virtuozzo.

Nope. It covers both equally. Xen support was added after OpenVZ support. it's actually a project that is looking at how to allow the most flexibility.

I just find it odd that if you talk toVirtuozzo, they have no clue HyperVM exists. It's kind like the history between Kmart and Wal-Mart. I am expecting that history to repeat it's self. Very Happy

Please PM me a link to your site. I'd like to see it, if you don't mind.

Hi Jody,

The problem is that the openvz project is the virtuozzo engine without all the power tools. So of course they don't know HyperVM when you talk with them. They developed an enterprise quality product and sell it at a premium.

I think the major problem with HyperVM is that it costs relatively a lot of money. For it to take off, it should be much much cheaper or free.

Take the OpenVZ/Virtuozzo model for example. A free product to build industry hype and spread the word and a commercial product if you want to unlock all the features.

Please understand, I'm not saying that HVM is a bad product, it's fantastic, but it may be up against a brick wall when it comes to marketing it.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 January 2007 21:11]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Should I switch to KVM with Centos 6?
Next Topic: i can't ping vps from the host.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 16:13:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03627 seconds