OpenVZ Forum

Home » Mailing lists » Devel » Node Crashes on 64 bit owing to a single file.
Re: Node Crashes on 64 bit owing to a single file. [message #9642 is a reply to message #9587] Mon, 15 January 2007 07:31 Go to previous message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Just for your information, one more person has such problem:
http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=tree&th=1778&mid =9581&&rev=&reveal=

Kirill Korotaev wrote:
> Ligesh,
>
> Would be nice to provide exact messages and details when you have an access.
> Also please specify kernel version you use.
>
>
>> I have encountered a bug in the 64 bit openvz. I am now not able to access the system, so all I can do now is describe the general conditions. I will send the specific details later.
>> The problem seems to be with one single file, Mostly a paramater of the file is overflowing the variable in which it is stored, and I think it could be due the 32<->64 bit compatibility issues.
>> The result:
>>
>> -> ls -al in /vz/private/100 and /vz/private/400 shows large integer values in place of last modified time.
>> -> Once this particular vps containing the bad file is started, all applications--IN THE NODE--start segfaulting. An strace show it happening after getftime, so I think it could be related to modified time of the file.
>>
> how did you strace it if you say that *ALL* applications start segfaulting?
> strace doesn't segfault?
>
>
>> The thing is, once this vps is stopped, the others are working fine. I think the problem is with a specific file because we did a backup in cpanel, destroyed the old vps, created a new one, and restored the cpanel backup. The server was working fine midway the restore, but it started segfaulting when we were halfway through the cpanel restore.
>>
>> I will send the kernel dmesg and the strace one I am able to login back to the server.
>>
> would be very helpfull!
>
> Thanks,
> Kirill
>

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message