OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Which Hardware and OS is best for OpenVZ?
Which Hardware and OS is best for OpenVZ? [message #9280] Mon, 25 December 2006 04:58 Go to previous message
mperkel is currently offline  mperkel
OK - I want to learn this OpenVZ stuff and test it out. Started fooling around with my FC6 box and running into a few problems like Missing Dependency: cElementTree.so is needed by package vzyum.

So - before I waste a lot of time I want to start out right and maybe someone can tell me if I have the right idea.

I want to run what will eventually be some sort of cluster of boxes that can do some of the kool stuff I've read about like moving VEs from one computer to another. I'm thinking Athlon AM2 socket dual core with maybe 8 gigs of ram for hardware. I want to run a 64 bit operating system, but as host and VE.

I prefer FC6 because I'm familiar with it but will settle for something else if someone tells me why I should.

So - I want to be somewhat successful early in testing so I'm thinking I might build up a box just for trying this out. And I'm looking for whatever is easiest to get something working so that I can learn it and maybe go back and do it right later.

So - what hardware should I try? What OS is most compatible? Should I try a 32 bit OS first? Looking for the easy path just to learn it.

Thanks in advance.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: running dnsmasq on VPS?
Next Topic: *CLOSED* NFS-Support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 05 07:08:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02972 seconds