OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » My General Plan, am I nuts?
My General Plan, am I nuts? [message #7386] Thu, 12 October 2006 18:05 Go to previous message
bradmkjr is currently offline  bradmkjr
I'm looking for some feedback and insight to prevent possible problems down the road. Here is my plan of what I want to be able to have up and running within the next 2 weeks.. Rolling Eyes

Currently I have 1 dedicated server running FC4 (in the process of upgrading to FC5 to install openVZ) and 3 virtual servers (2 FC4 and 1 2k3) All hosted by Godaddy.com (I have had exceptional good support by them and I'm overall happy with them)

I want to drop atleast the two linux virtual servers and only have the dedicated box running. I use the win 2k3 box to FTP,Backup,and run applications via remote desktop when I need to make changes to my other servers and I'm not at my desk. It works out very well being able to FTP files between servers in the same datacenter instead of downloading them to my laptop or such.

Now here is the plan. I have followed the Virtualization forum for a few weeks and I'm ready to make the leap. What I want to do is setup a few, not sure how many yet. Virtual enviroments each with Apache, Plesk 8, MySQL, and Flash Server 2.0. I have multiple clients who want to do audio and video chat so I need the flash server installed, they will probably do about 2 hours of streaming content per week not a heavy load like a public chatroom or anything.

Future plans may include adding a * (Asterisk) VPS to do VOIP into the flash server for dial in access to the web conferences. This isn't an something I expect to do in the next two weeks, but maybe the next month.

My questions are:

I'm I nuts Shocked , I have a constently growing understanding of linux and really picking up alot of it very quickly?

How many vps can I run on a P4 3.0 with 4 gig of Ram and not have disappointed customers?

Is there a better way of doing this?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Req: Anyone have a how-to or checklist for Asterisk inside VPS?
Next Topic: APF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 19 09:29:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02411 seconds