OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* Source IP within VE
Re: Source IP within VE [message #7091 is a reply to message #7090] Tue, 03 October 2006 13:39 Go to previous message
John Kelly is currently offline  John Kelly
marcot wrote on Tue, 03 October 2006 09:18

What i´m still struggling with is the fact that i do have my "main" IP within one subnet and the VE´s IPs in a different subnet.

My setup is simple. 1 HN, 2 VEs, all three IPs in the same class C. So I don't have to worry about routing, OpenVZ handles it for me, by publishing ARP entries for the VEs. The upstream router at my provider uses the ARP information, and knows to route all three IPs to my ethernet card. Then OpenVZ automatically knows how to handle packets destined for the VEs.

Quote:

From that perspective i´d thought about enabling FW_ALLOW_CLASS_ROUTING within my Firewall, however i just used FORWARD for all traffic heading towards and from my VE and 'firewall' it within the VE once again.

I don't use a firewall.

My advice is: start as simple as possible, and get that working. Then add other pieces you need, one at a time. That way, you can understand where problems begin. And maybe it will be easier to find a solution.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Iptables port opening error CentOS
Next Topic: IPtraf
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 08 23:28:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04921 seconds