OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* Source IP within VE
Re: Source IP within VE [message #7090 is a reply to message #7087] Tue, 03 October 2006 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
marcot is currently offline  marcot
Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply - i did manage to get it work now (after some sleepless days/nights).

I figured out that Masquerading had still been "on", and thus the IP had obviously been SNATed Embarassed

However, veth as suggested caused issues in my recent tries, and bridging does not seem to be an option hence i have only one NIC, and bridging it to the VE would do same than just moving the NIC to the VE.

What i´m still struggling with is the fact that i do have my "main" IP within one subnet and the VE´s IPs in a different subnet.

From that perspective i´d thought about enabling FW_ALLOW_CLASS_ROUTING within my Firewall, however i just used FORWARD for all traffic heading towards and from my VE and 'firewall' it within the VE once again.

*snip*

I really thing networking as such needs some more explanation within the VZopen WIKI, even though it´s not a core topic for this page a lot of issues seem to arise from it, and some straight forward HowTo´s might save some days of "work" (like in my case).

Unfortunately i´m not that familiar with the topic, thus i´m unable to contribute here Crying or Very Sad.

I appreciate that networking configurations may differ heavily on the specific setup, however some generic stuff - like not to add the IP to anywhere within the host or questions like "shall i disable venet0 when utilizing veth ?" could be helpful.

Thanks again for your posts ! Smile

Rgds,
Marco

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Iptables port opening error CentOS
Next Topic: IPtraf
Goto Forum: