OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* startup scripts, network setup
Re: startup scripts, network setup [message #6505 is a reply to message #6501] Tue, 19 September 2006 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Quote:

I don't think I have the experience to make an insightful suggestion, but I'd be happy with a _HOST postfix after the existing option names, like ADD_IP_HOST=debian_add_ip_host.sh, POST_CREATE_HOST=debian_postcreate_host.sh, etc...

AFAIK there will be only one file like <veid>.start but it will be ran on HN. Something <veid>.host-start...

Quote:

Do all partially matching .conf files get loaded, (debian.conf and debian-3.1.conf in my case) or best match only?

The rule is the following:
Suppose name of template is "debian-3.1"
If file debian-3.1.conf exists it will be loaded, no other files will be processed. But if debian-3.1.conf doesn't exist, then ostemplate name "debian-3.1" will be truncated till first occurance of "-" from the end. From "debian-3.1" we have "debian", thus debian.conf file will be loaded. Id debian.conf doesn't exist default file will be loaded.

Quote:

Is there a list of all possible parameter names for the VEID.conf and the dist/distname.conf files somewhere, btw? And could I theoretically duplicate entries between them, and if yes, which overrides the other?

man vps.conf gives the list.
dist/distname.conf and vps.conf have different parameters. So no duplicating, overriding is possible.

HTH,
vass.

HTH,
vass.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: QM_MODULES function not implemented -> install module-init-tools!
Next Topic: *SOLVED* How many veth can we create?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 00:24:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03869 seconds