OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* Multiple IP - Speed?
Re: Multiple IP - Speed? [message #6076 is a reply to message #6063] Thu, 07 September 2006 17:02 Go to previous message
chinaman is currently offline  chinaman
Andrey Mirkin wrote on Thu, 07 September 2006 11:04

chinaman wrote on Thu, 07 September 2006 09:37

1. I add veth and eth0 device to bridge in HW node. I had to set a route to IP of VPS to veth device, otherwise I couldn't reach the VPS. Is this correct? I thought there is no routing necessary bcs. of the bridge.

Just add route to this VPS via bridge interface (veth in bridge, so everything should work fine).

Yes, you are right, now it's working fine. Propably i did something wrong before.

2. How can I automatically assign IP to eth0 device in VPS? If i use /etc/network/interfaces the file is empty after restarting VPS.
You can use DHCP daemon to assign IP addresses for VPSes.

I tried a bit and I used the config start filed <VEID>.start to handle this problem. The file has to be located in /etc/vz/conf (just latest version of vzctl)

In the file i used:
ifconfig eth0 0
ip addr add 192.168.0.1/32 dev eth0

3. After restarting the VPS the veth dev in HW was down. I had to do the whole procedure (adding to bridge ...) manually again. Is it possible to do this automatically?
Unfortunately it is not yet automated. But you can add necessary commands to <VEID>.start script, so veth device will be configured on VPS start.

I tried, but the configuration of the veth device in HW isn't working with <VEID>.start. It seems this file is running inside the starting VPS. So i used it to set the IP. (see above)

It would be nice if there would be a script running inside the HW like <VEID>.start is running inside the VPS.

Thanks for all the help!
I would say the problem is solved.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 September 2006 17:12]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message