OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* too many of orphaned sockets
Re: too many of orphaned sockets [message #5766 is a reply to message #5765] Wed, 30 August 2006 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hvdkamer is currently offline  hvdkamer
vass wrote on Wed, 30 August 2006 07:50

So you're using 2.6.16 series...

Nope, the 2.6.8 series Smile. But I think the functions are the same.

Look at the code:

As said, I'm not a C programmer Smile. But if I understand you correctly, the second return with the sysctl_tcp_max_orphans is never reached. So indeed this function is replaced with a different accounting for a VE? Ok, that will explain that my experimenting with the parameters didn't solve anything Smile.

So the number of orphaned sockets (count) is greater, then (barrier of NUMTCPSOCK parameter) /4. Thus, if the reason is that, you can increase the barrier (not limit!) of numtcpsock parameter.

But is it possible to use a higher barrier than the limit? Because the limit is never reached, the failcnt is still zero. Anyway, I wil experiment with this parameter to see if it will surpress the message and if I get better results with the Apache Benchmark. Let you know.

Henk van de Kamer
auteur Het Lab
http://www.hetlab.tk/

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: root@176 [/vz/template/cache]# Warning: Set default for centos-4-i386
Next Topic: virt_osrelease
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 06:23:13 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02348 seconds