OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » AlmaLinux 9.4 and network-scripts package
Re: AlmaLinux 9.4 and network-scripts package [message #53855 is a reply to message #53853] Wed, 29 May 2024 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wsap is currently offline  wsap
Hey @Nathan,

Thanks for that! We were going to do the same - exclude those packages.

We did just spin up a test container with AL9 and ran this:

rpm -Uvh https://repo.almalinux.org/almalinux/9.4/devel/x86_64/os/Packages/network-scripts-10.11.6-1.el9.x86_64.rpm --nodeps
yum update -y

Then just to be sure, this worked fine:

systemctl restart network

As did a reboot of the container. Networking services continued to work as expected.

So it appears we're safe to complete the update to the devel package. I did check the changelog and there's only two minor fixes included between 10.11.6 and 10.11.5, so it makes sense that it would continue to work smoothly.

---

Coincidentally I just came upon your AlmaLinux 9 forum post on that topic today, and yes we have! I have a bug report in about it here: https://bugs.openvz.org/browse/OVZ-7496?filter=-2

I commented on your AL9 forum post earlier today, but it's in review.

I've updated the above bug report earlier today with our latest findings which match closer with what you're seeing - I think the earlier data is all just symptoms of the same underlying issue wherein processes lose communication with systemd (presumably via dbus).

Note that in our case, we've been able to avoid a reboot by running: systemctl restart dbus systemd-logind

But you'll then also need to restart services that have now been broken by what appears to be lack of communication with systemd via dbus. Example:

killall sshd
killall crond
systemctl restart crond sshd
(also add in your PHP-FPM processes to the restart. For Plesk PHP this is plesk-php*)

Can discuss this more over in the AL9 forum thread, or open a new thread here on the topic, or use the bug report.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: host fs is too fragmented
Next Topic: Openvz7 ploop FS + snapshots = BLOAT
Goto Forum: