OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Multiple VDS on 1 ip
Re: Multiple VDS on 1 ip [message #5369 is a reply to message #5334] Fri, 18 August 2006 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hvdkamer is currently offline  hvdkamer
AlecWeb wrote on Thu, 17 August 2006 19:23

Well in fact on each VDS I am going the use: SSH, FTP, SFTP, POP, IMAP, HTTP and HTTPS, so using portforwarding isn't the best solution.

If it is only for educational purposes it could be a solution Smile. You are on a tight budget, so you must be creative Very Happy

The problem with the secure ports you mention is that the connection is encrypted. May be there are tricks that first the hostname (for the namebased proxy) can be resolved, but as far as I understand, this part is in the encrypted communication. The problem then is that you want to redirect that communication to another server with most likely different keys. That is probably the reason why I didn't find namebased solutions for SSH and HTTPS. The SFTP is the same port as SSH as far as I know. SFTP is just the FTP like commands over a SSH connection. The other one is SCP.

For POP and IMAP I think you could write a proxy which does the trick. I don't know of one however...

AlecWeb wrote on Thu, 17 August 2006 19:31

Could IPv6 solve my problem? (The only thing I know about IPv6, is that it offers more IP's then IPv4)

My provider (xs4all in the Netherlands) gives IPv6 to customers who want to try it. Another option is an IPv4 to IPv6 tunnel solution. The problem is that not everybody has accesss to IPv6 yet, so again it is only a solution for educational use.

Henk van de Kamer
auteur Het Lab
http://www.hetlab.tk/

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stopping VPS ...
Next Topic: snmp monitoring of Virtual Hosts via Physical Node?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 08:58:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02316 seconds