OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » vzkernel-3.10.0-x releases stopped since Sept?
Re: vzkernel-3.10.0-x releases stopped since Sept? [message #53481 is a reply to message #53463] Sat, 26 January 2019 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wishd is currently offline  wishd
As far as I am aware (Correct me if I am wrong khorenko)

There should be 4 stable kernel releases a year. This means for security, you'll need to create your kernels from the patches. Excellent info above to do so, thanks. Or use factory kernel in a pinch. Someone could take this, and spin off a more secure version - I know Solar Designer in the mailing list seem to be going that way.

For the 4 releases a year, I don't know if there is a road map on when they would be released. That info would be good to have.

Its unfortunate ready kernel can not be purchased as an addon and the paid openvz support that used to be available is gone - but that is the way it is. Your choice is to build yourself, or look to lxc/lxd or kvm as an alternative.

A bit unrelated kinda funny that Acronis releases their software like acronis gateway using "virtuozzo linux" and also has the very old kernels on their latest software.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message