OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » I am thinking of moving to LXD
Re: I am thinking of moving to LXD [message #53205 is a reply to message #53183] Tue, 13 March 2018 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
votsalo wrote on Mon, 19 February 2018 15:35
Having used both, I consider LXD more stable than OpenVZ. I spent many hours trying to use OpenVZ alongside my desktop, even changing OS to Debian or CentOS, and my system kept crashing. I know this is not the intended usage of OpenVZ, but LXD manages just fine.

It's not the intended usage, nor should the experience on one desktop system be considered representative, IMHO. Who knows what made your system crash...

We've been using OpenVZ (up to OpenVZ 7) for roughly a decade on literally dozens of nodes (enterprise grade hardware and using CentOS or Scientific Linux) and thousands of VMs of all kinds and in my experience, it's completely stable and rock solid. Can't vouch for OpenVZ 7 though, as we haven't started using it in production.

The OpenVZ 6 node and CentOS 7 VMs scenario works well for us. Not to mention OpenVZ 6 node and CentOS 6 VMs, that goes without saying.

We've also been successfully using KVM alongside OpenVZ 6. A couple of rough edges here and there, but the combo has been used live for a long time and it's completely doable.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 March 2018 00:30]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: CentOS 8
Next Topic: How to clear cache memory on openvz container ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 15:09:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05045 seconds