OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ 7 - should I upgrade?
Re: OpenVZ 7 - should I upgrade? [message #52755 is a reply to message #52595] Thu, 02 March 2017 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
samiam123 is currently offline  samiam123
I am at a crossroads with this as well. It is not clear to me yet whether I should upgrade to OpenVZ v7 or LXC + KVM.

I think OpenVZ made a mistake to use their own operating system with VZ7. LXC can use CentOS or Debian or Ubuntu etc. So that is most likely going to make that a more widely adopted platform. However, I think both are unstable right now so there is still no clear winner. It looks like LXC is more of an open source project and will have more tools like for backup. OpenVZ is still mostly just Parallels corporation and is trying to encourage commercial adoption by limiting the tools that OpenVZ gets.

Parallels have very good kernel engineers. So I can't count them out. I will need to make a decision soon because OVZ 6 is approaching end of life.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Kernel of Openvz7 support DRBD
Next Topic: openvz-diff-backups: a file-based incremental backup tool (Beta Testers Welcome!)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 11 19:13:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10036 seconds