OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Host Node lost network upon install and restart (Network lost after running Openvz kernel)
Re: Host Node lost network upon install and restart [message #51450 is a reply to message #51447] Mon, 09 June 2014 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
felixchang is currently offline  felixchang
This is a test machine with one single NIC card. Currently it is serving some web server from some public address A and through router's NAT mapped directly to the main ip of this machine.
ie public address A --> router -> main IP.

I got two other public IP (say B and C) so I want to map it to two more virtual IP in this machine so that is the reason for me to have two additional IP.

I also do not understand why I could not have two more virtual IP. Otherwise how else can I map the other public IP to this machine?

After much struggling, I found that if I do the followings, the network problem will go away :

in /etc/vz/vz.conf, set
IPTABLES_MODULES= "ipt_REJECT ipt_tos ipt_limit ipt_multiport iptable_filter iptable_mangle ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl ipt_length ipt_state"

Edit /etc/modprobe.d/openvz.conf to options nf_conntrack ip_conntrack_disable_ve0=0

Not sure exactly why but it works.

However, if I do a "service network restart", all the IP will disappear and I have to restart the machine to get back the same state.

Not as easy as I thought in setting up openvz.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Disk usage with plop. [SOLVED]
Next Topic: Containers Not Initializing With Usable Memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 30 19:33:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03221 seconds