OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » After upgrade, host reboots when trying to start container
Re: After upgrade, host reboots when trying to start container [message #51339 is a reply to message #51277] Tue, 22 April 2014 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
iansison is currently offline  iansison
HI all. I've been bitten by this bug as well - I cannot vzctl start a container without the entire server rebooting on me.

This happens with kernels

042stab085.20ovz,
042stab088.4ovz, using vzctl 4.7

Strangely enough

042stab076.8ovz using the same vzctl 4.7 correctly starts containers (no panic, no reboot).

However 042stab076.8ovz has a USB 3.x bug which panics with newer motherboards, so i cannot downgrade Sad

I went on to enable the netconsole so that i can get an idea what is printed on the screen before it reboots, but after all the prep work for netconsole to work, to my surprise, no logs are sent to the netconsole server before the forced reboot. So i got nothing.

I hope someone out there has a solution to offer! Is there anything else i can do to isolate out the problem? HELP!!!

System - CentOS 5.10
Hardware: MSI Z87-G45, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770, 16GB RAM
I also transplated the disks to another system (intel Core-i7-3770, ASUS board) with the same results, so it's not my hardware.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: OpenVZ on OVH vRack (Multiple subnet on same IF)
Next Topic: OVZ does not delete root and private directores in some cases
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 08:10:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02843 seconds