OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » yum update issue on CentOS 6.4 (yum update issue on CentOS 6.4 ackage kernel-firmware-2.6.32-431.11.2.el6.noarch is obsoleted by vzkernel-firmware-2.6.32-042stab083.2.noarch which is already installed)
Re: yum update issue on CentOS 6.4 [message #51319 is a reply to message #51306] Thu, 10 April 2014 21:24 Go to previous message
Paparaciz
personally I also tend to remove stock kernel, but as a matter of my answer- it is only quick reply for people which didn't/don't want to remove stock kernel.
Also there can be situations when you debug problems, and in process you install stock kernel (to verify is this openvz specific problem or general problem), than you can also get this situation.

and...
in fact if I remember everything ok, there was some situations when it still goes to dependency hell. after that this wiki article came in.
Also keep in mind that openvz kernel is some time behind of stock kernel, so stock kernel-firmware package can have fixes or improovements that still not available in openvz vzkernel-firmware package.

thats my opinion, and thus I remove stock kernel, but setup as in wiki article.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: IPs stop working
Next Topic: Unable to enter VE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 08 03:48:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05427 seconds