OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ kernel reliability - production ready?
OpenVZ kernel reliability - production ready? [message #50952] Tue, 10 December 2013 14:04 Go to previous message
rkelleyrtp is currently offline  rkelleyrtp
Greetings all,

We are in the process of re-architecting our WordPress environment and are looking at OpenVZ (running on CentOS 6.4) as an option. Each site will be running in its own OpenVZ container nginx, mysql, and php. At a glance, the big benefit is the security OpenVZ provides per site as well as the ability to adjust container resources on the fly.

However, I am concerned about the reliability and stability of OpenVZ. I have heard the kernel is prone to crashing (thus taking all sites down) as well as some containers using more resources than allocated. I have not personally seen the OpenVZ kernel crash, but I know the CentOS 6.4 kernel is rock solid. We will be hosting >2000 WP sites on 5 or 6 server nodes, and we cannot afford any stability issues. Our business depends on reliability of the environment; if sites go up and down we loose money (and can go out of business).

Can someone please share their experience with regards to the reliability and stability of the latest OpenVZ kernel (042stab083.2)?

Thanks.

-Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FUSE not working in container on Debian7 x64
Next Topic: "Connection refused" when connecting from VE to host's public IP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 28 16:23:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05192 seconds