OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ Debian packages - reliability
OpenVZ Debian packages - reliability [message #49955] Thu, 11 July 2013 10:44 Go to previous message
divB is currently offline  divB
Hi,

I have currenly OpenVZ with Debian squeeze. As well known, OpenVZ is not included in wheezy any more Sad

How "reliable" is downloads.openvz.org/debian? Is it a reliable replacement for the original Debian packages in terms of:

1.) Is it an official part of the OpenVZ downloads or just put there as a convenience without warranty?
2.) Can I be sure that this repository will work at least until EOL of wheezy?
3.) Is the kernel always the SAME version and configuration as in wheezy but the OpenVZ patch applied?
4.) When Debian makes an update for the Kernel, will the update appear on downloads.openvz.org very soon later?
5.) My biggest concern: security. How does the OpenVZ repository deal with security problems in the kernel? Will it provide security fixes similarly fast as security.debian.org does?

The server needs to run the whole year without much user interaction in a stable and reliable manner. Suddenly not having a current kernel (because OpenVZ repository decides to shut down) or a security hole (because the repository does not provide the fixes in "realtime") could be a potential problem in my setup.

Thank you

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: OpenVZ security against hosting
Next Topic: CENTOS 6 - New IRQBALANCEnot compatible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 17:21:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02321 seconds