OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Kernel 3.2 / Debian 7 hypervisor (no patches for Kernel 3.2 ?)
Re: Kernel 3.2 / Debian 7 hypervisor [message #49292 is a reply to message #48592] Thu, 18 April 2013 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
geejay is currently offline  geejay
kir wrote on Wed, 24 October 2012 08:30
Unfortunately this phenomenon is very hard to explain, people still think it's old and rusty 2.6.32.

I just tried to run Pacemaker, libvirt and Corosync on Debian Wheezy with the vzkernel 2.6.32. No go. Strange problems happening left and right which I have simply no time digging into, so back to 3.2 kernel.

I am afraid that OpenVZ will suffer a slow death if things are going this way. We have to either dump OpenVZ or Debian or stay on old versions. Which one is it going to be ? Probably its either going to be KVM on Debian Wheezy, or OpenVZ on Centos.

But whats the point of OpenVZ if the project has already given itself up and doesnt support Debian anymore ? Also will OpenVZ be supported under Openstack? Highly unlikely as Ubuntu is the favorite Openstack distro.

This is a shame, because OpenVZ on Debian used to be extremely stable and could have a great future under Pacemaker/Libvirt/Openstack.

Cheers

Geejay

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon8.gif