OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » OpenVZ with webmin
Re: OpenVZ with webmin [message #4888 is a reply to message #4857] Tue, 01 August 2006 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
aistis is currently offline  aistis

Rollin,

you are on a right track regarding following:
Quote:

What would such a system look like? In an environment containing OpenVZ, the control server should reside on a VE. It would require some sort of client software on each server for which it provides control functions. Channels for control commands might involve some sort of secure network communication between servers for commands and data. These might be one of:

1. Http(s) with XML
2. A socket-based communications mechanism
3. A collection of 2-way VPNs between the affected servers

Now it is not clear what type of control panel you'd like to develop: single server management or multiple.. but in the end i think that's not so important. What should be important is architectural decisions, so that you don't end up rewriting everything after a while. I would highly suggest to sign up to SWsoft Developer Network and checking out "Virtuozzo Agent Programmers" documents. You'll get lots of good hints.

Frankly, if i was about to do such project - i would re-use existing VZAgent XML schemas.

Regards,

Aistis Zenkevicius
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png

Read Message icon2.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message