OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » OpenVZ vs. VMware
Re: OpenVZ vs. VMware [message #4718 is a reply to message #4689] Sat, 22 July 2006 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cdevidal is currently offline  cdevidal
[quote title=n00b_admin wrote on Fri, 21 July 2006 13:14]i am willing to spend a little more bucks on a powerful machine than in a courthouse because some punk kid broke into my server Wink[quote]

Wow.

You might consider renting a dedicated server, they're real cheep now. ServerPronto.com has $29.95/month servers! APlus.net has $49/month servers...

n00b_admin wrote on Fri, 21 July 2006 13:14

My plan was to divide the physical resources of my hosting machine, so that all clients get an equal share,

Yeah you probably want OpenVZ/Virtuozzo then. VMware adds so much overhead but VZ should balance everyone out fairly and evenly.

n00b_admin wrote on Fri, 21 July 2006 13:14

i stop worrying about security (because i can restore a vps almost instantly), i can make back-ups without interrupting the service and much more (i sense there's more to discover Smile )

You might look at LVM and/or EVMS; I understand they can do snapshots which would give you a consistent backup -- no locked or changing files.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 July 2006 10:10]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message