OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » DRBD?
Re: DRBD? [message #4556 is a reply to message #4555] Fri, 14 July 2006 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wfischer is currently offline  wfischer
Hi again,

yea - just compile and install DRBD's userland tools (you can get the source on www.drbd.org). Ensure that you use the same DRBD version of the userland tools as the DRBD version that is included in the OpenVZ kernel (I think in the OpenVZ kernel is currently drbd 0.7.17 - but check it to be sure).

Then create a drbd device, and put the /vz filesystem on it (ensure that you run the mkfs.ext3 on the /dev/drbd0 device, not on the lower device like /dev/hda5 or so...).

In our example setup in the paper, we moved the /etc/sysconfig/vz-scripts/ directory and the /etc/sysconfig/vz file also to /vz/cluster/etc/sysconfig/vz-scripts and /vz/cluster/etc/sysconfig/vz (and put symlinks on the original locations). In that way you have the vz config also on the mirrored device.

We will setup a private OpenVZ cluster mirrored by drbd within the next two weeks - I'll try to give a complete documentation on how to setup this on the wiki if I have enough time.

best wishes,
Werner

Werner Fischer, Developer of a Virtuozzo-out-of-the-box-cluster solution at Thomas-Krenn.AG
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Modprobe Qemu accelerator module?
Next Topic: Debian Installer CD with OpenVZ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 21:47:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03430 seconds