OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Multiple subnets, same vlan
Multiple subnets, same vlan [message #43834] Thu, 20 October 2011 19:36
nemesis is currently offline  nemesis

Both HN and CT are CentOS6 w/CR enabled. Kernel 2.6.32-042stab037.1.

HN has two bonded interfaces, bond0 and bond1. Bond0 goes to a private network (priv0), bond1 goes to a public network (pub0).

We have a separate public (pub1) and private (priv1) subnet for the CTs.

We have some current machines that just use a single venet0 and both the private and public IPs are assigned to the CT. This works on these machines that I inherited, that happen to run CentOS 5 with 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5.028stab089. I can't get this to work on the new machines, and I don't know if I am missing something or behavior has changed since the new ones run CentOS 6.

Here is the behavior I am experiencing.
Everything is pingable from the HN.
On the CT, with just the public IP assigned I can ping public IPs (including internet hosts, just just local). With just the private IP assigned I can ping private IPs (not just on the same subnet, but on different ones a few routers away). With both assigned I can only ping hosts on whatever IP I add first. However, other hosts even routers away can ping both public and private IPs on the CT.

iptables rules are empty.
comparing the routing tables on the CTs that don't work and the CTs that do work I see entries for 192.0.2.0/24 in the routing table, I'm not sure if this is just because it is on an older version, or something I'm missing.
comparing arp tables I don't see anything blatently obvious.

I'm sure someone will want to see the routing and arp tables, I just need to make them anonymous before I can do that.

Another question - is this the recommended setup for this type of situation? I imagine using vnet might be simpler, one for the public and one for the private netwrok on the CT bridged to the pub and priv interfaces on the HN. But venet is working elsewhere, so... I'm lost.

Help is sure appreciated.

Read Message
Previous Topic: seeking for OpenVZ kernel module for i2o Arrays
Next Topic: HN and CT on different multiple subnets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 17 12:23:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02697 seconds