OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Process in OpenVZ. (Which ContaINER)
Re: Process in OpenVZ. [message #43623 is a reply to message #41410] Sun, 02 October 2011 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
A bit worrying is that stock procps 2.0.11 was released way back in Dec 2002. This swsoft's vzprocps package seems to be a patched Red Hat 9 version, released in 2003 and supported into 2006.

I'm not familiar with the code itself so I can't tell if this could be a problem of any kind. But it sure is getting a bit old.

Using the binary seems to be the only way. Rebuilding this source rpm on a modern distro won't work since build needs -fwritable-strings and this is deprecated since gcc 3.4 and removed in gcc 4.0.

Could anyone perhaps port these vz patches to a newer procps version?

Anyway, htop is also in EPEL and Fedora. The rpms need to be rebuilt to enable openvz support (--enable-openvz configure switch). Since it has to be rebuilt anyway, I'm using the 0.9 version from Fedora 16 and rebuild it for our systems.

If anyone goes down this path, here is what needs to be done afterwards: within htop press F2 for setup, move down to "columns", move to the far left and move down to find "VPID", press F5 to add and F10 to finish. The VPID column will show the openvz VM's ID. Quite nice!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tasks hanging cause node to reboot/stall