OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y && CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y (Hard coded in menuconfig, why?)
Re: CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y && CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y [message #43521 is a reply to message #43004] Sun, 18 September 2011 15:52 Go to previous message
yettyn is currently offline  yettyn
Thanks for your reply Ales,

Yes I understand RHEL 6.1 kernel will change things and I'm sure it will get an ebuild in Gentoo once it's stable enough Wink but the config supplied by openvz team still have the same values hard coded in RHEL 6.1 so the "issue" still remains and the question goes unanswered.

I use Kernel 2.6.32 feoktistov.1, which was a supported openvz dev kernel until RHEL6 was released, and is still the de facto "stable" openvz kernel on Gentoo.

And yes, there is a Gentoo maintainer and I have raised the question in the Gentoo forum as well, but found it logical to go here first. I haven't addressed the Gentoo maintainer directly though, not yet.

My original post here came about after updating udev and it complained about the said hard coded parameters, although it has workedok so far, but now there was yet another udev update which appear to be a bit more Major and I don't want to risk my system to go south, so the question has become very current again and out of the view interest for this thread I assume I'm not alone having "worries".

Kernel 2.6.32-125.3
vzctl 4.9.4
Gentoo Linux x64

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Please help, Node won't reboot
Next Topic: Assign domainname to container
Goto Forum: