OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Wild clock fluctuation within container
Re: Wild clock fluctuation within container [message #42916 is a reply to message #42887] Thu, 16 June 2011 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnM is currently offline  JohnM
I understand that the kernel has now been updated without solving this problem. On closer inspection of the logs, I have discovered that the clock is not randomly screwy at all - there is in fact a very distinct pattern to it. We have 3 minutes of correct behaviour (e.g, 14:06, 14:07, 14:08), then we leap back in time 4 minutes and have 2 minutes of correct behaviour (14:04, 14:05), followed by a leap forward in time of 6 minutes (to 14:11), whereupon the pattern repeats.

It does suggest to me some rogue behaviour by an ntp daemon or daemons. Is it possible there are 2 (or more) ntp daemons fighting it out over the clock on that node (one in the HW node, one in a container which has, somehow, managed to get clock-altering rights)? And why would this be occurring on such a frequent basis (when the update is normally only once daily).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: OpenVZ xen kernel
Next Topic: ovz-web-panel, change FDQN before installation?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 31 17:19:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05358 seconds