OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Assign subnet to VM? Or increase routing table limits? (Need to assign an IPv6 subnet to a VM or be able to increase routing table limits)
Re: Assign subnet to VM? Or increase routing table limits? [message #40647 is a reply to message #40542] Thu, 09 September 2010 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tywe is currently offline  tywe
Sorry to reply to myself again, but I'm really hoping someone has an idea to resolve this? It's hard to believe no one else has ever ran into any routing table limits at around 1200 entries when doing VPS hosting, especially since we don't seem to be able to assign subnets and have to do each IP individually.

If no one else has ever ran into this, then I expect it'll be happening soon, since IPv6 is getting more popular and IPv4 will run out soon.

We urgently need one of the following solutions:

1) Allow subnets to be assigned instead of forcing individual IPs (or tell me what I'm doing wrong if this is already allowed)

2) Increase routing table limit on host node to allow much more than 1200 entries. (or tell me why mine is running out if this shouldn't be an issue)

Thanks

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: PPP support
Next Topic: network troubles openvz+kvm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 10 21:25:41 GMT 2024