OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Process Ids (Applications failing when process ID is > 32768)
Re: Process Ids [message #39536 is a reply to message #39531] Fri, 07 May 2010 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Could you please answer one more question?

Quote:

$sudo ps -ef |grep 105753
stat: Value too large for defined data type

Do you run 32-bit VEs on the 64bit HN?

Quote:

Thanks. When would you expect these patches to be incorporated into the stable kernel?

Look, the feature you want to be in the kernel is not a widely demanded one. Frankly speaking, I cannot remember the case when it was needed. BUT, that doesn't mean that it will not be included in OpenVZ kernel. First of all. I suggest you to file a new bug report and describe the problem you have. You can also attach the patch I proposed you to use. It helps maintainers to include the feature much faster. Another point I want to note is that if you are running 32-bit VEs on the 64-bit HN and ps(!) complains about huge PID then such a bug MUST BE fixed. And dynamically adjusted pid_max values is a possible solution.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Containers not pinging from outside network after kernel upgrade
Next Topic: Intel e1000e driver for 2.6.18-ovz
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 06:58:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09566 seconds