OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » quagga on openvz _HELP (how to install quagga on openvz VEs)
Re: quagga on openvz _HELP [message #39374 is a reply to message #39342] Sun, 11 April 2010 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nia.bug is currently offline  nia.bug
Hi!

I was a bit busy so I havent check mailbox.

The problem was that my internet provider had firewalls set up probably not to allow some traffics. (thats my opinion!) So I used internet at my collage, and with DNS and public IP address I could access Internet form my virtual box.
Next I compiled net-snmp with smux support, installed net-snmp-devel, untared quagga, made changes in privs.c file and compiled it with enabled snmp.
I needed to make changes in privs.c cuz it didn't want to work otherwise. It didnt find ospfd and zebra process running until I
did next:
http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2004-January/ 001362.html

Anyway after all those changes ospf started to work. But now I have other problem:

I made simple OSPF configuration. I put three virtual boxes, making point-to-point links between. Each virt machine has two interfaces.
I have three networks (for each link) and all in the same area.
The problem is that I can not get response for all ospf oids.
What i can get from agents are:
- ospfRouterId
- ospfAreaId
- ospfNbrIpAddr
- ospfNbrRtrId
using snmpwalk command! i tried to get information about hello-interval or dead-interval, or any other info related to the simple ospf configuration and all I get is this:
- No Such Instance currently exists at this OID , or
- No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

When I try to use snmpset command it says that theaccess is read-only, even though I put in snmpd.conf file read-write mode in access list.

I need to test SNMP in quagga software, and there's not much written on the Interenet! Or I dont have much luck to find right links.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

p.s. And I think that official tutorial for quagga is not well written, at least in case of SNMP protocol. I am new in Linux, so I needed a lot of time to figure out what are problems.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Your web hosting provider?
Next Topic: Quagga in VE,Part Deux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 09:19:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02790 seconds