OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » There is great concern that OpenVZ is no longer being supported.
Re: There is great concern that OpenVZ is no longer being supported. [message #38175 is a reply to message #38005] Wed, 25 November 2009 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lorddusty is currently offline  Lorddusty
Hi,

I also run gentoo hostnodes and VEs.

But it is getting more and more difficult to build a consistent system with the current kernel available, as several configure-scripts check with `uname -r` which kernel we are running. No matter how many backports your 2.6.18 will have, if the upstream of a package expects 2.6.2X (or even 2.6.3X) those packages will fail to build. For some packages, there are workarounds available, but unfortunately not for all.

Also all current releases available for gentoo (2.6.18/2.6.24/2.6.27) have PMTU-Problems on IPv6. A bug report for this was opened in june (http://bugzilla.openvz.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1286) but the only thing ever happened to this bugreport were two words from Pavel Emelyanov: "To Vitaly"

Maybe I'm the only one wanting to use IPv6 inside containers, but I really can't believe this. There were lots of changes on IPv6 since 2.6.18 ... so hopefully we'll get some 2.6.3X soon.

Best regards
Jens

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message