OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » There is great concern that OpenVZ is no longer being supported.
Re: There is great concern that OpenVZ is no longer being supported. [message #38037 is a reply to message #38005] Tue, 10 November 2009 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
I'm not a kernel developer, as probably many of the users here aren't, so some additional information would be helpful to understand openvz's side of things better.

Is the difference between the redhat's 2.6.18-128.x and 2.6.18-164.x kernel so great, that it's easier for your team to backport fixes into an older base?

I assumed that because of Redhat's consistency of the kernel ABI/API, moving on should be pretty straightforward. I guess it isn't?

Personally, I'm looking forward to simplifying our deployment of ovzkernel + KVM kernel modules. We are compiling them ourselves for the time being.

I guess forums can sometimes give a false impression that many users are unsatisfied... that isn't the case on our end, anyway. We've been Plesk's and later SwSoft's customers for almost a decade now and can appreciate this great contribution to the open source community.

Wiki, blog, forum... and still the perceived lack of communication arises now and then... something we can all learn from and apply when running our sites. Shocked Cool

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message