OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Ubuntu dapper template, or upgrading debian stable to ubuntu
Re: Ubuntu dapper template, or upgrading debian stable to ubuntu [message #3757 is a reply to message #3745] Wed, 14 June 2006 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
voidmain is currently offline  voidmain
I can't find any documentation that tells me the relationship between the files in the cache tar.gz, the files in the private directory and the files in the root directory and how the template works into everything. I also am not able to find much on the metadata either.

What I'm wondering is how does VZ normally determine which files to twiddle when using the vzctl set commands (or during VPS startup) and how is it that the /etc/network/interfaces file plays into this. If someone can point me at docs or examples, I'll probably be able to hook up a fix.

(This can be fixed by editing /etc/hostname) - One other problem is that the hostname isn't being set either. The hostname is correct in /etc/sysconfig/network, but the VPS isn't picking it up correctly. Any ideas on that one?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 June 2006 15:38]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message