OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Samba Printer on USB within a container (How to link a container to the USB printer)
Samba Printer on USB within a container [message #37491] Wed, 16 September 2009 23:13 Go to previous message
rewnz is currently offline  rewnz
Hi,
Newbie: I tried the HOW-TO on printing from within a container http://wiki.openvz.org/USB_Printing_in_VE but when I restarted the container all the folders I created under the /dev folder in my CT 103 disappeared.

I am running CentOS 5.3 as the host and the container, which is running a samba server for file sharing and I want to add my printer to it for all my other PC's to use. I get the brother MFC-240c showing up in the results from lsusb on the host but I can't get anything to stick in the container after restart.

I presume that there is a hardware definition for the distribution that is rewriting the /dev folder each time it is started. But the tutorial just indicated that you go into the container and manually make the changes and the result would remain after restart.

How do I get the CT to retain the USB related details after restart?
Cheers,

Andrew

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: VEs in more than one subnet/with more than one NIC
Next Topic: Add additional eth1 interface to CT for sniffing traffic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 03 10:22:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04867 seconds