OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Bug (?): vzcfgvalidate not working
Re: Bug (?): vzcfgvalidate not working [message #37271 is a reply to message #37260] Sun, 30 August 2009 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
divB is currently offline  divB
Hello,

Thank you for the reply!

Well, at first, I set the resources of my important and huge VEs to "unlimited". Then, I read the manual and there is a chapter about validating with "vzcfgvalidate":

Quote:
The system resource control parameters have complex interdependencies. Violation of these interdependencies can be catastrophic for the Virtual Private Server. In order to ensure that a Virtual Private Server does not break them, it is important to validate the VPS configuration file before creating VPSs on its basis.

So I tried the vzcfgvalidate tool and I saw that there were many "Error" and "Warning" messages with my VEs. So I used the "-r" switch to auto-repair my configs. But obviously there is a bug and this does not work. Sad And it broke my configs (see the error messages about truncated values).

Now I have broken configuration for my VEs and I think the only way to correct it is to forget about vzcfgvalidate and correct them on my own?!

However, setting the values manually is very hard and complex. For example, I have many failcnt's and just setting the limits to a higher value does not help in many situations.

What's really missing in my opinion is an automatic tool that sets the UBC values based on failcnt values and other information. I thought vzcfgvalidate would do this.

Is there any other tool known who helps in assigning the resources?

Regards,
divB

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Question about vzdump restore
Next Topic: sock_sendpage() kernel vulnerability
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 16:15:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02291 seconds