OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » VirtualComplete - new openvz panel
Re: VirtualComplete - new openvz panel [message #36741 is a reply to message #36331] Tue, 14 July 2009 14:38 Go to previous message
irontowngeek is currently offline  irontowngeek
Your panel seems interesting enough.
I posted a remark on the topic of "web interfaces",as I worked on one of my own,similar to this.
My web interface,was actually an off-shoot of an intuitive menu-driven script that I wrote,for the console.(it was primarily written specifically for a VE based on REDHAT distributions)
Interesting enough,to use it to setup a VE,based on other LINUX distributions,I had to inject some code that would determine the type of OS template cache used,to be able to configure a valid static network setup.(i.e using VETH adapter interfaces for DEBIAN or SUSE VE containers)
I'm curious as to how this particular software,distinguishes this requirement,from the possible variants,of OS template caches?
Personally,I gave up on the web-interface,as my terminal script,was far more superior,as in administration time.
Monitoring was simple enough for a VE,using DSTAT output to a "dat" file,and imported to LABPLOT,for analyse.
Dabbling with Clustering,was taken care of by the LUCI interface,which will soon be implimented to PERCEUS.
(my goal is to create an OpenVZ Node operating system,based on CAOS)

Cheers

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Networking with OpenVz on Debian
Next Topic: OpenVZ vs. VMware
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 22:01:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02399 seconds