OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Need help with CPU shortage
Re: Need help with CPU shortage [message #36420 is a reply to message #36414] Wed, 17 June 2009 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dvazart is currently offline  dvazart
Thanks for the explanation.

Finally, noting the times at which the CPU is saturated, I find a crontab from ISPConfig (check_services.php) we have about 100 VEs with ISPconfig installed, so every 30 minutes the CPU reaches the 100% and all the ISPconfig crontabs are running... (now i have to find how to edit the crontab with a shell script in debian).

But your explanation about CPULIMITs its very interesting... so you think we can have 200 VEs running in the same server without CPULIMITS ? We want to have 4 diferents plans of VPS with diferent resources, in our case do you think its possible without CPULIMITS ? and what about the number of CPUS for each VE?

Quote:

The first provided output of htop utility shows rather big load average value. There are either processes that couldn't obtain CPU (e.g. because of the CPULIMIT) or processes in D-state producing a lot of i/o operations. BTW, does htop takes into account processes that are in D-state? Is it worth either tuning it or comparing htop output with 'top' or/and 'ps' outputs?

So in this case its probably that the script (check_services.php) causes the iowait that we can see in the second image ?
( http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jUNQXmiO0x7JMkxJSLUv6w? feat=directlink)

thaks..

----------- Daniel Vazart ------------
"Knowledge is power, Sharing is human"
------- http://www.vazart.net --------

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Getting OpenVZ container to run at 1000MB (Network speed) instead of 100MB
Next Topic: Best bandwidth monitoring method?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 18 13:14:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02936 seconds