OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » OpenVZ vs. VMware
Re: OpenVZ vs. VMware [message #36219 is a reply to message #4658] Fri, 29 May 2009 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
somecallmemike is currently offline  somecallmemike
I found a really awesome tool called Proxmox VE http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page that I think rivals the ease of use of VMware due to it's bare metal installation, web based management console, clustering and live migration, and much more. I hate being a pundit, but this product is freaking cool. It's built on a highly customized debian OS and installs bare metal on any hardware, and once its booted you can log into the machine via browser and start building virtual machines in Open VZ or KVM (for windows/anything that can't install in Open VZ). Then add a couple more servers to the mix and you can use the clustering tools built in (the easiest clustering I have ever used) and start live migrating virtual machines. If you're not sure about moving toward Open VZ due to complicated installation and management, this product pretty much does everything for you and then some in a gui.

Did I mention it's open source and 100% free?!

[Updated on: Fri, 29 May 2009 16:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message