OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Bridging inside the CT, snort in-line?!
Re: Bridging inside the CT (within VPS) [message #34875 is a reply to message #34752] Mon, 09 February 2009 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
vitorallo is currently offline  vitorallo
Hello...

first, sorry for being so late in answering: my wife gave birth of my wonderful daughter, so I have been busy with a different business.

how can express my gratitude for your help. Yes the solution with iproute is something I thought at the beginning. Indeed, it is a solution and it is based on layer3 configuration. as you said, it is not really clean. It is actually something different from my original thought.

However, you showed me the bug then I followed the thread about "bridging withing vps". Devel provided a solution for an old old 2.6 kernel. With the help of a friend of mine, he went into the kernel code and he patched the 2.6.18 to do the same stuff. YESS he is awesome!!!

Bridge started into the VM. Tomorrow we will test the solution and check if it works properly. We are aware that this impacts the security profile..

I am available to follow up on the bug and to provide information if they want to work it in the mainstream.. I suppose also my friend is full available...

I will keep this thread updated, getting it useful to somebody else...

[Updated on: Mon, 09 February 2009 22:49]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Second NIC
Next Topic: Suspending VE, breaks Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 27 02:11:54 GMT 2024