OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Networking problem VE - How to start
Re: Networking problem VE - How to start [message #33607 is a reply to message #33554] Fri, 24 October 2008 19:29 Go to previous message
thibautm is currently offline  thibautm
Thank you,
and I'm reading all the tutorial but still have problem to get network on my CTs

First, I know that all will be more easy if I have a lot of public ips on same subnet, but it's not my case.

I have a dedicated server with 2 network interface (eth0 and eth1) each with One public ip.

So not have no more ip, that's why can't assign new ip to CT, it's my problem.

The HN just need access to Internet to get some update (download) but accept traffic only on one port for ssh and scp.

That's why, I think first of this schema:
HN: just for SSH and management of CTs (with WEBvz)
CT101: web panel (dtc-panel or virtualmin)---> so need to use my public ip and hostname (eth0 and eth1) + local ip to communicate with other CT in Local
CT10*: other services as mysql (interact in local with CT101)so no need a public ip, just a private ip in order can interact with CT101

But, I have noted two problems:
1. Create a local network
all adress like 168.0.1.* are already assigned, maybe because I'm on a public network, so need to find an available subnet, for the moment not find the way to can have available subnet for my local network (each time get message like: arpsend: 168.0.1.** is detected on another computer : 00:21:55:c6:56:7f, is not my computer)

2. I tried after read the open vz user guide to Moving Network Adapter to Virtual Private Server

So, I moved eth1:
vzctl set 101 --netdev_add eth1 --save

the change are done and restart the CT all seem ok (new hostname detect....), but still not network so can't understand:
not possible to ping, to apt-get update

This can be a problem with my kernel? with iptable?

In all guide, all seem really easy two command line and work but for me nothing

if anyone can help , it will be great

Regards

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: OpenVZ/Virtuozzo - SOLVED
Next Topic: iptables classifies ESTABLISHED packets as INVALID randomly