OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ/Virtuozzo - SOLVED
Re: OpnenVZ/Virtuozzo [message #33599 is a reply to message #33590] Fri, 24 October 2008 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
khorenko is currently offline  khorenko
Well, Paul, locutius,

i'll try to answer to this topic.
First of all, locutius, you are not completely right (although almost right).
http://wiki.openvz.org/Virtuozzo

Apart from the control panels VZ also contains VZFS and SLM, which seems to me to be important enough to be mentioned. Smile

And mostly because different filesystems in VZ and OVZ it's not enough just tar /vz/private/CTID on OVZ node and untar it on VZ node. This won't work.
At the same time directory structures are rather simple in both VZ and OVZ so admin can easily understand where to put data tar-red on OVZ node.

How to create an OVZ Container to VZ Container in a most simple way (from my point of view):
1) stop OVZ CT and tar /vz/private/CTID directory
(please, also give him CTID.conf - this might be important, for example you could customize there something like IPTABLES)
2) create a VZ Container with required resources (on a VZ node). Template name/version does not matter.
3) on a VZ node go to /vz/private/CTID and remove all data from /vz/private/CTID/root/ for vz3 or /vz/private/CTID/fs/root/ for vz4 directories and put there untar-red data from OVZ node.

Something like this.

Quote:

Does Virtuozzo also have a /etc/vz with a conf dir containing the conf files?

vz3 - yes
vz4 - that dir contains links to CTs config files located in /vz/private/CTID/...

Hope this helps!

--
Konstantin

If your problem is solved - please, report it!
It's even more important than reporting the problem itself...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Trying to learn and asking some questions