OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ/Virtuozzo - SOLVED
Re: OpnenVZ/Virtuozzo [message #33593 is a reply to message #33591] Fri, 24 October 2008 08:35 Go to previous message
locutius is currently offline  locutius
yes RHEL5 and CentOS are identical. all i caution is not to mix repos and use yum unless absolutely necessary to use an rpm (and never force it). but CentOS 5 is fully supported within OpenVZ

i have been running vz since CentOS 4 on both AMD and Intel. i have had no problems migrating CentOS 4 CT's to CentOS 5 HN. OpenVZ and CentOS fit really well

all my boxes are 64_bit and i caution against 64_bit because when you have a 64_bit box alongside a 32_bit box the 32_bit box is the stress free box. there are fixes in the wiki for 64_bit issues but they got broken by latest releases (i refer to the yum fix which didnt work for me 3 weeks ago)

that was my latest box i tried 64_bit again then 1 week later reinstalled back to 32_bit

my host boasted to me that he had many OpenVZ systems running 64_bit but he didnt know what he was talking about when it comes to maintaining and troubleshooting issues. 32_bit is way easier

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Trying to learn and asking some questions