OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » VZ+DRBD+HA and load balancing
Re: VZ+DRBD+HA and load balancing [message #32807 is a reply to message #32746] Sun, 31 August 2008 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
luisdev is currently offline  luisdev
Hi, golly.

I have been looking at your solution. Looks fine to me, thanks for sharing!

Regarding the replication of the configuration, I am not sure a separate partition is the way to go, you still have to create several symlinks in every clone, I'd rather put together a list of the config files involved and rsync --include-from it.

I don't know how this really works, but I am wondering if this setup can somehow make problematic the bookkeeping of the vzquota system, since it is hardcoded to /var/vzquota, so it is difficult to share among two servers since you don't have an option to configure it per VE, as you have for root or private.

However, in your system every VE has its own allocated partition, so I guess you don't need any quota system and you could just disable DISKQUOTA in vz.conf.

I am cooking up some scripts to automate some of the steps you mention. I'll keep posting here but since we are working in similar solutions if you PM your email or your IM perhaps we could discuss and share as we trudge along.

Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Iptables the owner module from HN
Next Topic: kernel issue