OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Network Performance
Network Performance [message #328] Sat, 12 November 2005 05:30 Go to previous message
tbenoit is currently offline  tbenoit
I've just started playing with OpenVZ in a network heavy environment.

The server and OpenVPS OS: CentOS v4

Our sole use of OpenVZ is to provide a way to more easily "failover" services from one physical server to another. 99%+ of the time each physical server will only be running one VPS. The only time a physical server will be running 2 VPSes is if there is an issue with 1 physical server such that it won't be fixed in a short period of time.

I did obtain a price quote for Virtuozzo to do just this, but the cost unfortunately drastically outweighed our only reason for using it (to provide a manual cluster-style config).

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to heavily test the true performance of OpenVZ in this situation without placing real load on the server.

Does anyone know of any network performance issues with using OpenVZ?

The application hosted relies on low-latency, with potentially 3000 (give or take a few) simultaneous connections.

Being that each physical server will only host a max of 2 VPSes (and only if one physical server is basically dead), I has OpenVZ create a config file as such:

vzsplit -n 2 -f filename

Here are the config parameters that (I believe) deal with networking:

TCPSNDBUF="12201847:28585847"
TCPRCVBUF="12201847:28585847"
OTHERSOCKBUF="6100923:22484923"

I'd appreciate any thoughts about network performance under OpenVZ and any comments on the settings I posted (or forgot to post) that will help ensure network performance.

Thanks

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Specyfiing a mac address for vz interface
Next Topic: debian sarge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 31 21:10:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05643 seconds